I joined DMW in 2012 after 16 years working for large and small consultancies.
I started my consulting days at Accenture as a Technology and then Process Consultant - working in Utilities and Financial Services on large systems implementations projects. After 6 years I moved on to work for a specialist Talent Management consulting firm Assessment & Development Consultants (A&DC) where I held a range of Consulting and Business Development roles.
Joining DMW gave me the opportunity to apply my front-line consulting experience, taking on a pivotal role in supporting the sales and delivery of truly world class IT consultancy.
My core skills include:
- Strategic planning
- Tactical decision making
- Organisational design and development
- Business process creation, development and improvement
- Project management (great planning, monitoring, problem solving, influencing and communication skills)
- Client relationship management (building new relationships and enhancing existing ones to deliver maximum value)
- People development
- Business development (I have experience of the full sales life-cycle, running a sales function, marketing, etc)
- Strategic business development (identifying new opportunities for growth)
I am best known for demonstrating strengths across the following criteria: management control, organisational sensitivity, commercial awareness, strategic perspective, leadership, interpersonal sensitivity, initiative and extremely high quality standards.
- Setting up a product sales function delivering c. £1m revenue p.a.
- Developing and implementing a strategic growth plan for a £5m consulting business
- Leading an international expansion to establish 25 partners across 22 countries
- Setting up and running a ‘first of its kind’ innovation centre to showcase thought leadership and cutting edge technologies to Financial Services clients
- Leading the organisation design for a new online bank
- Carrying out cost saving reviews to deliver £m’s for a range of Utilities clients
- Coding, testing and putting live direct debit functionality that was used by millions of electricity customers
- Established an Associate Resourcing function at DMW to enable us to staff project teams where specialists are required to work alongside our own Consultants
- Developed a new Scheduling function at DMW to enable us to continue to align the right people with the right roles as our pace of growth steps up year on year
- Managing to achieve both of the above whilst raising two children whose pace of growth also takes some keeping up with!