DMW helped Dixons Carphone to implement new e-commerce and call centre systems in the UK.
We led a large programme to deliver a multi-channel (web and call centre), multi-chain solution which customers could access ‘any time, any place, anyhow’. The single platform implementation allowed the orders to be placed and managed across both web and call centre channels transparently.
DMW consultants took key roles in managing the 2 year, multi-million pound programme. We helped develop the original marketing concept into a design and went on to manage 14 separate organisations to ensure the successful delivery of the final solution. The new systems were integrated with Dixons Carphone legacy supply chain systems.
The programme delivered an integrated e-commerce and call centre solution which included:
- Retail web sites for Currys, The Link, PC World, and Dixons
- A call-centre system for all 4 brands (to enter and track telesales orders)
- Order management used by operations staff to manage orders
- A fraud management system which cut fraudulent orders by more than 90%
- Stock management to provide real-time stock availability
- On-line booking of timed delivery slots for white goods
- A “customer despatch” system which collated products from 4 separate warehouses and controlled the addition of targeted marketing materials and receipts and customer delivery via a third-party home delivery service.