Fiberweb (now Polymer Group, Inc.) is one of the world’s largest and leading suppliers of high performance, speciality nonwoven fabrics. These fabrics are used in everyday products such as water filters, blood filters, industrial wipes, nappies, weed control fabric, fabric softener sheets, construction products and protective clothing.
DMW managed the pan-European programme which includes the design, build and rollout of a centralised ERP system to manage the complete operations of Fiberweb from sales to delivery, forecasting to manufacturing and key finance changes from standard to actual costing. The programme additionally included the centralisation of Fiberweb’s key IT systems and operations.
We provided the key Programme Manager and Solution Architect roles on the delivery.
The programme included:
- Rollout to an initial 5 European manufacturing sites, with phase 2 rolling out to the remaining European sites;
- Selection and contracting with a single European hosting provider;
- Design and build of centralised equipment, applications and processes;
- Business process re-design to result in standard and streamlined processes across the sites;
- Full lifecycle implementation of a single system for Sales and Production Forecasting, Order Management, Finance (AR, AP, GL, Fixed Assets), Enterprise Asset Management, Warehousing, Process Manufacturing including cutting optimisation, Purchasing and Quality Management;
- Reporting tools including complex cubes for detailed costing and manufacturing analysis.