Our client was a global leader in alternative investments, providing innovative products and tailor-made solutions to private and institutional investors. They were experiencing high growth through new alliances and business acquisitions resulting in:
- Rapidly increasing demand for data centre hosting capacity
- A large increase in the number of software applications that needed to be developed or enhanced.
DMW was asked to develop a group global data centre strategy taking into account the current state of data centre facilities, an analysis of current capacity and IT drivers such as service continuity and the move to server virtualisation.
After the successful adoption of the data centre strategy, DMW was asked to develop and manage a programme of enhancements to the client’s IT infrastructure including:
- Implementation and fit-out of new data centres
- Networks and storage upgrades
- Virtualisation of production server environments
- Collaboration projects for voice-over-IP, desktop enhancements and server collaboration tools
- Tools and processes including a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) implementation and an enterprise monitoring system (EMS)
- Disaster Recovery enhancements