Mothercare is a leading global retailer for parents and young children incorporating the Mothercare and the Early Learning Centre brands. The Mothercare brand sells its products through multi-channel retail and wholesale operations in the UK and through franchise operations across international markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Latin America.
DMW were asked to lead several initiatives:
- Reviewing the back-office IT strategy to ensure maximum effectiveness of IT spend;
- Delivering a major functional release of the franchise B2B system so that it could support invoicing for direct shipments;
- Enhancing the performance of the above custom-developed franchise B2B system to ensure stability during peak trading;
- Restructuring the internal IT support arrangements to ensure long-term continuity of service in a cost-effective manner;
- Managing key projects of a merchandising and retail planning transformation programme.